HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We have a legitimate interest in running a successful and efficient business and in providing you with services and useful content; and we use the information we collect, both on its own and combined with any other information we collect about you, for the following purposes:
- To provide the requested services to you;
- To provide you with useful content;
- To ensure the proper functioning of our services
- To offer and improve our services;
- To provide you with requested information or technical support
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our services;
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our services (use of your information to do this is performed with your consent where required by applicable law);
- To advertise and market third party products and services (such advertisement is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law);
- To diagnose problems;
- In connection with our security and compliance programs;
- To administer our websites;
- To communicate with you;
- To target prospective customers with our products or services (such targeting is only performed with your permission where your consent is required by applicable law);
- To assist us in offering you a personalised experience or otherwise tailor our services to you; and
We also use the information we receive in aggregated and anonymised formats to produce reports on trends and statistics, such as mobile search trends, email open rates by industry, campaign best practices or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
Payment information that you provide to us, including credit card data, will only be used to facilitate payment for our products and services.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
As further described below, we will only share certain personal information:
- With members of the Engineer Team Network
- With our partners;
- With third-party service providers and vendors;
- In connection with a sale, merger, acquisition or corporate reorganisation;
- For legal reasons.
SHARING WITH PARTNERS
When we share personal information with certain third-party partners, including marketing and advertising partners, that information includes your name and phone number information enabling partners to assist you in using our services.
REFER A FRIEND
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our services, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our website. We retain this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Lastly, if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary, we may disclose your personal information to courts of law, law enforcement authorities and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third-party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party are or may be:
- violating our terms and conditions of use;
- causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights of us, other users, or third parties; or
- violating local, or other applicable law.
This disclosure can include transferring your information to other countries outside the European Economic Area. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, it is our policy to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties in connection with a subpoena.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
You always have the opportunity to opt out of our marketing communications with you or change your preferences by following a link in the footer of marketing email messages from us or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Some communications from us are considered transactional or service communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information), and your account(s) for our services are provided to you upon the condition that you receive these communications from us. You must cancel your account(s) for our services, as applicable, if you do not wish to receive any transactional or service communications.
To cancel your account(s), please follow the instructions found in the terms of service for the applicable contract. You may still receive marketing communications from us even after you cancel your account unless you also opt-out of our marketing communications, as described above.
We may contact you by telephone, with your consent where applicable, for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive marketing calls, please contact customer support at Head Office. You do not need to agree to receive marketing phone calls or texts from us to use the services.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for no more than seven years following the later of (i) the date on which you terminate your use of the services or (ii) May 25, 2018, unless we are otherwise required by law or regulation to retain your personal information for longer.
Where the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or GDPR, applies, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. Please note that should you exercise your rights we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request. In such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party.
If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal information or its processing once received by the third party.
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required.
Please note that while we assess whether the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information;
- we are processing it on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- you no longer wish us to use your data to send you marketing; or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING TO STORAGE ONLY
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- You believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate;
- We wish to erase the personal information as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data;
- We no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing personal information we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal information while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for us to provide the services to you, your personal information will be transferred to and stored at/processed in England and Scotland. Your personal data is also processed by staff operating. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com and we will try to deal with your request. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES